Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals is a non-profit, no-kill animal shelter. Our goal is to provide caring, temporary shelter until the animals in our care find suitable, loving, permanent homes. The following guidelines are provided to you, the potential adopter, so you know what to expect throughout the application process. Francisvale reserves the right to decline applications. Adoptions are at the discretion of Francisvale.
- Submit an application online. Please include complete veterinary references. If you are interested in more than one animal, you may put more than one animal’s name on your application.
- A Francisvale staff member will review your application and if all adoption requirements are met a staff member will call you to set up an appointment.
- Initial meeting with dogs or cats (ALL members of family household required to meet Francisvale animal before adoption decision is determined).
- Introduction of existing family pet(s) to Francisvale dog (occasionally, more than one meeting is necessary).
- Home visit completed by Francisvale representative.
- Application approved or denied. Pending the completion of all of the above steps and approval of the adoption application, a decision regarding adoption of animal is typically made within one week.
- If the application is approved, adoption counseling takes place with a Francisvale representative to assist in a smooth transition of Francisvale animal into their new, permanent home. (information is given about diet, containment/management/crating, baby gating in house when dog is to be left alone, house-training, safe outdoor exercise, preventative veterinary care, manners and behavior training, etc.).
Multiple applications are accepted for dogs and cats. The goal of Francisvale is to match animals and families to the benefit of both. Therefore, Francisvale reserves the right to make adoption decisions based on the animal’s permanent placement in a loving home.
The minimum requested donation for adoption is:
- Puppies (under 6 months): $250
- Adult dogs (over 6 months): $200
- Senior/Special Needs Dogs: $100
- Kittens (under 6 months): $150
- Adult Cats (over 6 months): $100
- Senior/Special Needs Cats: $75
If you’re ready to start the adoption process please visit our Apply To Adopt page where you can find our adoption form and read our Adoption Agreement.