We specialize in personal pet adoptions and placement with families or individuals. At Francisvale, we take our mission very seriously and ask that you read our adoption agreement and consider its content before filling out an adoption application:
I understand the responsibilities that I am assuming by adopting this animal. I know that there may be unforeseen circumstances and expenses with the introduction of a new pet in my household.
I hereby give Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals my permission to contact my landlord, veterinarian, and personal references to verify any of the information supplied in this application. I also agree to a “progress check” in the future, where a Francisvale representative may visit my home to verify my new pet’s living conditions.
I understand that there is a non-refundable suggested adoption donation that goes toward the care of the animals at Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals.
All medical expenses related to this animal will be my responsibility from the time of adoption. Francisvale will not reimburse veterinary medical expenses for the animal.
By signing the following agreement, I acknowledge that I understand everything I have read in this application, and I have answered all of the questions truthfully. I further understand that Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals is considered the guardian of the animal in question and has the right, in its sole discretion, not to approve this application.
- This animal is being adopted with the understanding and intention of a lifetime commitment to its well-being.
- This animal, if a cat, shall be exclusively an indoor cat.
- This animal, if a dog, shall be a house dog, not a yard dog.
- This animal, if a cat, shall not be declawed. This animal, if a dog, shall not be surgically altered not to bark.
- This animal will not be abandoned, given away, sold, exchanged, or relinquished to any other society, or person, or disposed of in any way, but must be returned to Francisvale if no longer wanted.
- This animal will be kept as a pet and proper care will be provided for it, to include: warm dry shelter, proper food, and humane treatment at all times.
- This animal will receive required yearly inoculations and medical care will be provided at once by the adoptee if the animal is sick or injured.
- This animal (if not done previously) shall, if an adult be neutered (spayed) within one month of adoption, or if a puppy (kitten) be neutered (spayed) at six months of age, or the earliest age consistent with veterinary recommendation.
- This animal (if a dog) shall be licensed and wear a collar with license, rabies and identification tags attached and if said animal is lost every effort will be made to recover him by notifying Francisvale, the police, the animal warden, the SPCA, and other local authorities.
- You will telephone Francisvale immediately if said animal is lost, stolen, or dead and will notify Francisvale of any change of address.
- This animal, its home and quarters, can be inspected at any reasonable time, before or after adoption, by a member of Francisvale and, if in the discretion of the member, the said animal is not properly treated or cared for, said member has the right to remove same and to void the adoption.
- This animal may not be used for laboratory or breeding purposes.
- No claim, action or suit, either in law or in equity, will be brought against Francisvale or its agents/officers by reason of this adoption.
- The information given to Francisvale and endorsed hereon is accurate.
To get started with the adoption process fill out our adoption application below and one of our staff will reply to your request in a timely manner. Hit the ‘Submit Application’ button once you’ve completed the application.
If you have any questions or want to get in touch with our shelter you can reach us at (610) 688-1018. You can also email our staff at email@example.com.
Francisvale reserves the right to decline applications. Adoptions are at the discretion of Francisvale.